Passenger numbers were never high, except at the beginning and end of the College term. After the passenger service was discontinued in 1952, British Railways entered into an arrangement with the College to run a through train to and from Liverpool Street at the beginning and end of each term. The initial service ran in 1954, and this was the subject of a photograph which appeared in the OF Magazine some years ago. The last such special ran in April 1958. Sadly, the book records that BR wrote to the College complaining about ‘wanton damage’ to the carriages. A daily freight service continued until 1965.