You are asked to note the following:
* Michael Holden is once again organising the Dinner. Contact details: MRK Holden, Eastings, 99 High Street, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4JT. Tel: 01223 891418. email. Please click here to read Michael’s letter of invitation to the Dinner.
* Because of the special nature of the event, it is expected that tickets will be in short supply (the East India Club can only accommodate 120 of us). Michael strongly recommends that you click here to download an Application form and make your application for tickets as soon as possible.
* There will be no AGM before the Annual Dinner. The 2009 AGM will be held immediately after the Essex Council Meeting on Friday 24th April and before the Essex Supper. It will be brief and to the point, concentrating on elections.
* A special Soames coach has been arranged, setting out from the College, and stopping at Woodbridge, Ipswich, Colchester and Chelmsford (as required). It will leave at approx 3-30pm and return at 11-30pm, sparing the rush for final trains, and allowing for conviviality en route. If the coach is filled, the cost should be no greater than £15 per person. For this booking to be confirmed it is essential that a minimum of 35 passengers sign up and pay in advance (by the end of February at the very latest). Details are on the Dinner application form (The Coach Co-ordinator is Norman Porter – email.)
* A special leaving presentation will be made to Gwen Randall to mark this occasion.
* In order to encourage younger OFs to attend (those who were at the College with Gwen), a special discount (£25 instead of the full price of £50) will be made available to the first 30 under-30 paid-up applicants for tickets.
Join the conversation
Log in to add your comment