To visit another section please click on one of the headings below.
THOSE WHO MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
SERVICES - VICTORIA CROSSES
SERVICES - GEORGE CROSS/ALBERT MEDAL
SAVED A LIFE
PROFESSIONAL, BUSINESS, etc
MEDICINE, SCIENCE and ACADEMIA
MUSIC, THE ARTS & MEDIA
BOOKS BY OFs
SERVICE TO SOF/COLLEGE
(where hyperlinked, click names below for additional information)
THE ADNAMS – 8 children across 4 generations have attended Framlingham, starting in 1890 through to 1997. Members of the family are majority shareholders and President and Chairman of Adnams plc the Southwold based brewery.
THE BELCHER/COATES FAMILY – 12 members over 4 generations have attended the College and Brandeston.
THE BENNETT FAMILY
– 11 members of this Bennett family attended the College between 1869 and 1921. It is clear that Framlingham inculcated in these Bennetts a great love a sport, and several of them pursued this to a high level after leaving the College.
THE BULSTRODE/CARLEY/WEBB FAMILY
– Ever wondered how the Bulstrodes and Carleys who attended the College were related and how this fits in with the Carley & Webb store in the town, then click here.
THE BUTTERS BROTHERS – see the Waugh Family below.
THE CRAIG/GARRETT FAMILY – 9 members of this family went to the College, but many more have been involved in the development of the College, right back to its founding, in the form of Richard Garrett.
THE CREASYS – 10 members of the same family have attended Framlingham.
THE DAWSONS – 14 members of the same family have attended Framlingham from 1865 through to 1952, although none of the more recent Dawsons to attend have been part of the same family.
THE FLOWERDEW BROTHERS
– All 10 sons of A J B Flowerdew of Billingford Hall in Scole, Suffolk attended the College, including Gordon Flowerdew VC. There were also 5 sisters making 15 total. As you will see from the attached, many went to live and work around the world.
THE GARRARDS – 4 generations and 12 members of the Garrard family have attended the College/Brandeston, including a past President of the SOF and Chairman of the Governors.
THE GOODERHAMS – 2 generations of the Gooderham family have attended the College/Brandeston. The family own Snape Maltings which is now a major international concert venue and host to a wide array of activities, shops and restaurant.
THE LE MAYS – 11 members of the Le May family attended Framlingham and a number of them have had prominent roles.
THE MARKHAMS – 10 children across 3 generations have attended Framlingham.
– 20 children across 3 generations have attended Framlingham, starting in 1929 through to 2003, so far•.
THE NESLINGS – 20 children across 5 generations have attended Framlingham, from when the College opened in 1865 through to 1994.
– if Framlingham has a first family it must surely be the Simpsons. Starting with George and William when the College opened in 1865, there have now been 5 generations and 29 children attend Brandeston/College, with 4 currently attending. The family has produced one Head of School, two Deputy Heads of School (one of them also Head Girl), a Captain of Cricket, a Captain of Rugby, a Captain of Shooting, two Heads of Choir, a President of the SOF, a Vice-President of the SOF, and a Governor of the College.
THE THURLOW/WRINCH/TEWS – 4 generations of these interconnected families, which are also connected to the Gooderham family through John’s sister’s marriage to John Gooderham.
THE WAUGHS AND BUTTERS
– 27 children across 4 generations have attended Framlingham, starting in 1881. A large number of them have gone into horse racing, not only in the UK, but also across Europe. Second only to the Simpson Family in terms of attendees at the College.