James Ruddock-Broyd (G46-52) provided the following update on the fund raising lunch :
A fundraising lunch was held on 17th March at Waterman's Hall near the Thames which was largely organised by Bill Collard as the Project Manager for the restoration of the last sailing barge which was made in 1906. Some 70 people were present at the luncheon including the new Chairman Rear Admiral Bruce Richardson, the Trustees, donors and sponsors and guests.
Bill Collard gave a presentation on the history of the barge from its building until the present day and spoke without aid and without fault during a one and a quarter hour presentation. There then followed a luncheon with the menu of dishes all appropriately named.
The photograph attached is of Richard Sayer, former Master of the Shipwrights Company and one of the sponsors of the project, Bill Collard and James Ruddock Broyd, the Independent Examiner to the Charitable Trust Company.