Paula Woolnough, who is married to Nigel Woolnough, Master of Brandeston Hall, has been appointed our first SOF Liaison Officer with the College.
This is a vital role in strengthening the bond between the Society and the College, and in helping to persuade younger OFs of the value offered by involving themselves in the Society. Paula's direct involvement will prove invaluable.
In a message to website readers, Paula says:
"I was delighted to be offered the newly created position of the "Old Framlinghamians Liaison Officer" and look forward to meeting as many OF’s as possible during the next year.
The Old Framlinghamian diary is already a busy and interesting one but we hope to add more opportunities for communication, meeting up and visiting the two schools. So watch this space and do keep on checking the website which is regularly updated".
"I am married to Nigel, the ‘Master’ of Brandeston Hall and we are currently in our second year here with our daughter, Francesca, who is studying in the 6th form at the College. I’m looking forward to liaising with all interested parties connected to Framlingham College, Brandeston Hall and the Old Framlinghamians in the coming months. The Association is already a successful, social and vibrant one and I look forward to helping to add to its great reputation."
Paula's key tasks will include:
- Help with the Newsletter and Yearbook
- Organising events such as Dinners, "Years of" parties, Sports days etc.
- Day-to-day liaison between College, Common Room and SOF
- Maintaining our archives
- Assisting with College/SOF sports fixtures
- Attendance at OF and College Events, such as Dinners, Speech Days etc.
- Coordinating sale of OF merchandise
- Hosting OF visitors
- A point of contact for OF enquiries at the College
- Liaison with OF website and database
- Liaison with Year 13 pupils
Paula will attend our 7th October Council meeting as an observer, and has been invited (with Nigel) to the Suffolk Supper which follows the meeting.